May 3, 1963. Forty-nine years ago today, the seven-times elected Safety Commissioner of Birmingham, Alabama, Theophilus Eugene “Bull” Connor, ordered the firemen under his control to join together powerful water hoses, mount them on a tripod, and blast the resulting gale-force barrage of water through heavy-duty nozzles called monitor guns. Connor and his firemen must [...]~ read more ~
E. Kristin Anderson grew up in Westbrook, Maine and is a graduate of Connecticut College. She has a fancy diploma that says “B.A. in Classics,” which makes her sound smart but has not helped her get any jobs in Ancient Rome. Ms. Anderson is the co-editor of Dear Teen Me, an anthology based on the popular website. Her poetry has been published worldwide in many magazines and she is an assistant YA and Children’s editor at Hunger Mountain. Once upon a time she worked at The New Yorker. Look out for Ms. Anderson's work in the forthcoming anthology Coin Opera II, a collection of poems about video games from Sidekick Books and Futuredaze, an anthology of YA SciFi from Underwords. She now lives in Austin, TX and blogs at EKristinAnderson.com and MetreMaids.com. She is represented by Christina Hogrebe at the Jane Rotrosen Agency.
- THE PANDAS ARE COMING! One of the cutest book trailers ever! Check it out! hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2013/06/19/the… Woo for @wordette! #pandasarecoming 27 mins ago
- @davidiserson Haha! Glad you dig. I’m always looking for work that throws back to Hughes. in reply to davidiserson 42 mins ago
- @ned_vizzini So glad to have you on board! I love the diversity of everyone’s experiences. It’s pretty amazing! @hannahmosk @CaylaKL in reply to ned_vizzini 47 mins ago
- @davidiserson Very welcome! I really enjoyed Astrid. Haven’t laughed so hard while reading in a while. Can’t wait for your net one. :) in reply to davidiserson 48 mins ago
- @HoldenDCat Tele, usually, but Turkleton has been known to pull this move, too. in reply to HoldenDCat 13 hours ago
Powered by Twitter Tools